User Experience & Design Professional
A results-driven digital, creative professional with a passion for improving the process. Leader, designer, developer, and trainer with experience supporting/coding/designing, developing successful projects. I excel in deadline-driven environments and remain flexible under pressure. A demonstrated problem solver, committed to professional standards, and effective working independently as well as contributing to a team effort.
Core Competencies | Skills
Customer Experience | Digital Marketing | User Interaction Design | Axure/Sketch/Balsamiq | SEO/SEM
Content Management | Email Marketing | E-commerce | WordPress | Magento | Adobe Creative Suite
The Primex Family of Companies (AcuRite/Klockit/Primex) | 2017 – 2018
Director of Creative Services
- Lead a talented team of designers and freelancers for our marketing projects.
- Improve the customer Journey mapping sessions with teams to find areas for improvement within online and Big-Box store environments.
- Website and channel partner content, email marketing, content marketing, brand management, Amazon store optimization
The Primex Family of Companies (AcuRite / Klockit / Primex) | 2015 – 2017
User Experience Manager
- Led the User Experience and Design for AcuRite’s new weather reporting app called My AcuRite. My AcuRite supports over 100,000 users across desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Managed a Client Advisory Board for user experience testing and feedback.
- Created and managed updates of user-stories, wireframes, style guides, and assets for the development team
The Nielsen Company | 2011 – 2015
User Experience Designer / Software Engineer
- Implemented new wireframe and rapid prototyping practices using Axure to help communication between development teams and Product Mgrs.
- Used Axure wire-framing tool to work with Product Leadership to create new workflows for other applications moving to the new Flex platform
- Created all style assets for the new design; Icons, Flex CSS, Flash .SWF elements for scrollbars, dropdowns, logos, backgrounds and
- Worked with product teams to mockup a new platform design based on Sencha EXT This involved new design patterns, and a complete rework of all existing screens for multiple products to ensure a consistent experience across products.
- Created new Axure widget libraries for faster and more accurate and consistent mockups across the
Matchware, Inc | 2010 – 2012
Global Search & Web Development
- Designed and managed a launch of 40 new domains and micro-sites to promote MatchWare’s core product. These new sites and pages reaches over 6,000 additional new visitors per month, and growing.
- Redesigned product sites, source code, CSS and file structure to improve search engine traffic for other languages and This resulted in a 55% growth of organic traffic from French and German visitors within 3 months.
Swank Tank, LLC | 2009 – 2010
Director of Online Services
- Managed priorities, development projects and workflow for a team of internal and outsourced web
- Trained new team members on best practices for SEO, blogging, social marketing, and content
- Led the design and development of a network of sites built using Drupal CMS, PHP, CSS based custom template, and
The New York Times Company, Regional Media Group | 2007 – 2009
Online Technical Producer
- Worked with enterprise level partners; Yahoo!, Google, Brightcove, Awareness, Eve, and others to deliver new services to our sites including Yahoo! Search, mapping, media streaming, blogs, forums, and
- Designed website usability tests to increase performance, customer loyalty and traffic for the news groups’ 16 media websites generating over 650 million annual page views
Saxotech, Inc. | 2006 – 2007
Creative Manager & Corporate Webmaster
- Drove content decisions through competitive analysis, presentation of fresh ideas and analysis of past performance
- Branded and designed partner collateral to match corporate initiatives; upheld the corporate identity package by producing and maintaining a shared PDF describing the proper use of logos, color definitions, and fonts
Apexity, Inc. | 2003 – 2009
Owner / President
- Positioned multiple clients in top 10 search engine spots for their chosen keywords
- Created website and marketing materials for Dippity-Do.com sponsorship with ESPN’s Summer X-Games
eAngler, Inc. | 2000 – 2003
- Managed design and user experience for 20,000 SKU e-commerce store. The largest boat and fishing store on the Internet.
- Designed and managed the e-mail list of 200,000 subscribers for weekly deals and newsletters.
- This was my first deep-dive into user experience and SEO.
Atlantic of Tampa / Lucent Technologies | 1997 – 1998
“Vince has a great understanding of customer expectations and how to ease their experience with online platforms. His designs are user-friendly for both the front-end customer and the back-end admins.”
– Jenny Hoke, Customer Support Manager, The Primex Family of Companies
“I have worked closely with Vince during several new product launches. Vince is professional, timely in his responses, and beats his deadlines. He is a talented designer dedicated to the user experience and a true collaborator. I look forward working with Vince again.”
– Remo Giuliani, Senior Tech Strategy Manager, Nielsen
“Vince is one of the most resourceful creative managers I’ve known. He quickly grasps complex subjects and is able to play a key role in formulating clear, concise messages. He’s a pro with any online marketing or communications tactic you throw at him, as well as creative design for conventional print and offline media. A great guy to know, and if you’re lucky enough, work with.”
– Paul Harris, VP Corporate Marketing, SAXOTECH
“I had the pleasure of working directly with Vince on a number of joint website ventures. Vince is a detail oriented marketing professional who possesses a rare combination of technical capabilities and business acumen. Vince is extremely creative and has a keen ability to understand business priorities and how digital marketing tools can be implemented to drive success. Vince is a tremendous colleague and I look forward to our paths continuing to cross.”
– Larry Meadows, Product Manager, Raymond James & Associates,
“Technically savvy and dedicated to solving problems with new and creative ideas, that is how I would describe Vince. Vince was always up-to-date on the latest technologies or if not would bring back new ideas and thoughts about them within hours of learning of them. A true pleasure to work with.”
– Mark Regan, Product Manager, SAXOTECH
“Sense of urgency, attention to detail and an extremely talented designer who is fluent and comfortable in many medias; I can’t recommend Vince highly enough. He goes the extra mile to exceed expectations!”
– Jeff Hoffman, Senior Partner/Operations, Viddal & Associates, LLC